Poe's Nursery...

Hello! Here is a peek inside of Poesy's little corner of our home. We only have two bedrooms in the house so her and I have to share since I work from home and still need a space for my work station. I think we have made her area work well for the amount of room we have. I love it, it's so bright yet cozy.

So her "theme" is mostly based on vintage 80's characters that were my favorite as a kid. Rainbow Brite, Strawberry Shortcake, and Care Bears! With a cupcake thrown in here and there.

Most of the decor I already had from when I was a little girl, have collected over the years, or made it!

OK let's get started with the mini tour...
Here is here crib that her Grandma & Grampa Cruz and Great Granny and Pops Gallegos bought for her. I made the crib bedding which is the Rainbow Brite blanket and cordinating pillows. I also made her mobile which is mostly just for pretty but I think later on I will add some multi-colored stars to it.
On this baby sized book shelf is a vintage Strawberry Shortcake lamp her Uncle Chris and Auntie Melissa got for her this last Christmas and the little crocheted Strawberry Shortcake was bought for me by my Grandma Duran (my mom's mom) when I was just a baby, she had a lady make it for me when she worked at a bowling alley. To this day it is one of my most treasured toys. I know Poe is going to love it like I did. Next to the lamp is a little soothing sounds and projector machine that she got from her Auntie Mandi and Uncle Trevor for Christmas too.
Here is Little Bear snoozing in his new favorite spot, the blanket in the backround was crocheted for me by mom when I was a baby and she just recently gave it to me. It looks like she just made it! The chair will soon be replaced with a glider I got from my cousins for the baby shower :)
Here are a few photos of the hutch which now has ALOT more stuff on it since the baby shower. I had the hutch and have used it for a lot of different things. It works great in the nursery since we don't have much storage space and I like to display whatever I can.
Her are a few of her hats I have made her so far, I can't wait to put them on her tiny noggin!
The toys here on the top of the hutch were all my childhood toys except for the Lalaloopsy doll on the far left she got from my friend Michelle for Christmas.
This little giraffe is very special, we got her when we went for our 4-D ultrasound and when you squeeze it you can hear Poesy's actually heartbeat!
The first picture from the left is a photo booth strip of Jeremiah that he gave to me when we first started dating -- He is holding up pictures he drew that say I Heart U! I love those pictures! The frame with Donald & Daisy Duck was again mine when I was a baby and has my baby picture in it still. The little one underneath that is a little one with bears in a tub my mom found and the two little girls are actually greeting cards I thought were cute.
And lastly hanging above her crib is my old Rainbow Brite night gown.
So this is her room and in just 5 short weeks we will be bringing here home to it. The total we have spent on the room would be about $75 total at the very most. That was spent on a couple rugs, fitted sheets, bumper, and supplies for the mobile. I think it is perfect for her and very personal. Sure the rooms with all new store bought decor are just as cute but for her to enjoy things that I used to love and hold is just so special to me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January Planuary...

Life as of late and a cute little pumpkin...